Check a document for words that contain letters defined in the source language alphabet but not in the target language alphabet, and apply color highlighting to them.
Language Check makes it easy to verify that the translated document does not have words that contain letters written in the source language alphabet. This is very important when translating from languages that use Cyrillic letters to languages that use Latin letters, since some of these letters look the same.
Checking a document translated from Russian into English for overlooked Cyrillic letters
- Find words that were accidentally skipped during translation, e.g. by leaving a segment untranslated.
- Find words that were written using similar-looking but incorrect letters, e.g. using Russian “С” instead of English “C” as in “20°C”.
- Find letters that were incorrectly converted with OCR or PDF conversion software.
- Check entire document or selected text only.
- Highlight all potential problems using one of predefined highlight colors.
Language Check tool in action: screenshots
Tools for quality assurance (QA)
- Language Check (Excel) – check whether text is fully translated from one language to another