Find and replace excessive spaces to improve TM leverage and improve formatting.
Find & Replace Excessive Spaces removes redundant spaces between words, before/after punctuation and at start/end of paragraphs, and can also replace them with tabs, line breaks and paragraph breaks.
Searching for excessive spaces with Find & Replace Excessive Spaces tool
- Remove redundant spaces from source documents in order to get better matches from your TM.
- Replace excessive spaces between words with 1 space.
- Remove spaces at start/end of paragraphs or lines.
- Remove spaces before/after certain punctuation signs.
- Find multiple spaces that must be replaced with a tab character, line break or paragraph break.
- Review each redundant space fragment in order to decide whether to correct it, or correct all redundant spaces automatically.
Find & Replace Excessive Spaces tool in action: screenshots
What our users are sayingExcessive spaces are another quirk of converted PDFs that’s easy to fix with TransTools.
“I like to run the Remove Excessive Spaces function on my documents before importing them into a CAT tool. That’s another quirk of converted PDFs that’s easy to fix.”
Jacqui Birnie, MITI, technical translator, memoQ trainer
Tools for document formatting and preparation before/after translation
- Remove Excessive Spaces (Excel) – replace excessive spaces used to wrap text to another line with line breaks (in Excel spreadsheets)
- Document Cleaner – prepare badly formatted documents for translation: remove excessive tags and fix formatting issues after PDF conversion or OCR
- Unbreaker – find and remove incorrect paragraph and line breaks to prevent segmentation issues in CAT tools
- Multiple Find & Replace – search Word documents for multiple words and phrases, replace or format found text or review each occurrence in context before making a change
Tools for quality assurance (QA)
- Non-breaking Space Checker – improve document formatting by using non-breaking spaces where necessary
- Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool – Create great-looking documents by removing excessive spaces, inserting missing spaces, using non-breaking spaces to keep text on the same line for readability, and using typographically correct symbols.