Improve document formatting and punctuation by using typographically correct quotation marks, apostrophes and similar symbols.
Quotation Magic searches a Word document for quotation marks, apostrophes and prime symbols and suggests corrections (using proper curly symbols like « » “ ” ‘ ’) according to the typography rules of the document’s language.
Replacing quotation marks in a document translated into English
- Get better matches from your TM by using specific quotation marks and apostrophes in source documents.
- Replace straight quotation marks and straight apostrophes with proper curly symbols according to the typography rules of the document’s language.
- Correct the style of curly quotation marks and apostrophes used in the document (e.g., when «text» need to be used instead of “text”).
- Find missing opening or closing quotation marks.
- Spot incorrect spacing around quotation marks, e.g., when there is a space before a closing quotation mark or after an opening quotation mark.
- Use proper prime and double prime symbols (foot/inch marks) instead of quotation mark symbols, e.g. 5′6″.
- Decide which symbols need to be corrected and what symbols need to be used in each specific case.
- Check entire document or selected text only.
- Apply color highlighting to all corrected symbols for a final visual check.
Quotation Magic in action: screenshots
Tools for quality assurance (QA)
- Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool – fix spacing and punctuation issues, use typographically correct symbols
- Multiple Find & Replace – search Word documents for multiple words and phrases, replace or format found text or review each occurrence in context before making a change
- Non-breaking Space Checker – improve document formatting by using non-breaking spaces where necessary