Save the visual (display) settings of Word under “profiles” and restore these profiles when needed.
Quick Workspaces tool allows you to save the current display settings (visibility of non-printing symbols / table gridlines / ruler / navigation pane, window size and position, ribbon size) and quickly restore them later, using profiles.
Saving the current visual settings as a “quick workspace”
- Remember and restore the visibility of certain non-printing marks: paragraph breaks, tab characters, spaces, etc.
- Remember and restore the visibility of certain user interface elements: table gridlines, navigation pane, ruler.
- Remember and restore whether the ribbon is minimized or not.
- Remember and restore the size and position of the document window.
- Save all desired settings under any number of profiles and quickly restore them when needed. Each profile can be used for specific scenarios, e.g. to maximize editing space on a small monitor, to hide or show non-printing symbols during reading or editing, etc.
- Wordfast Classic users: save and restore window appearance when using TM Companion and Terminology Companion.