Prepare badly formatted documents for translation: remove excessive tags and fix formatting issues after PDF conversion or OCR.
Document Cleaner is a collection of tools for preparation of badly formatted documents for translation. Clean tags, fix formatting issues after PDF conversion or OCR, make sure that text is fully visible.
Preparing to remove excessive tags from a Word document converted from PDF
- Clean tags caused by formatting issues or excessive bookmarks.
- Fix common formatting issues after PDF conversion or OCR.
- Identify potential formatting issues such as paragraphs with several different font settings, tab characters between words, false table of contents, textboxes used instead of regular text, etc. in order to fix them manually.
- Ensure that text is fully visible.
Document Cleaner in action: screenshots
What our users are sayingDocument Cleaner is absolutely invaluable for cleaning up converted PDF documents in Word.
“I’ve been using TransTools since 2013. It’s absolutely invaluable for cleaning up converted PDF documents in Word. I always run the Document Cleaner first to clean up any tags and fix font issues. I absolutely wouldn’t be without it and consider it an essential part of any translator’s toolbox.”
Jacqui Birnie, MITI, technical translator, memoQ trainer
What our users are sayingDocument Cleaner feature has saved me hours of work.
“The Document Cleaner feature of TransTools has been extremely useful for removing unwanted tags in memoQ, the CAT tool I use. It has saved me hours of work in total.”
Érico Carvalho, English-Portuguese and Spanish-Portuguese translator, BNN Medical & Pharmaceutical Translations
Tools for document formatting and preparation before/after translation
- Tag Cleaner (PowerPoint) – minimize tags in PowerPoint presentations created with OCR and PDF conversion tools before translation in a CAT tool
- Find & Replace Excessive Spaces – find and replace excessive spaces to improve TM leverage and improve formatting
- Multiple Find & Replace – search Word documents for multiple words and phrases, replace or format found text or review each occurrence in context before making a change