TransTools consists of two sets of tools contained within the same installation packages (available from the Download page): TransTools Professional Edition and TransTools Free Edition.
- TransTools Free Edition:
TransTools Free Edition includes most of the tools included in TransTools, with the exception of the tools included in TransTools Professional Edition (see below).
TransTools Free Edition is completely free for private, not-for-profit, and commercial use, and may be used on any number of computers.
- TransTools Professional Edition:
TransTools Professional Edition includes a limited number of advanced tools designed to improve the productivity of translation professionals, editors and DTP specialists. The full list of tools included in this edition is provided below.
TransTools Professional Edition is distributed on paid basis. You are free to test the tools included in TransTools Professional Edition free of charge for 45 days. When this initial 45-day period is over, you need to register by purchasing a License Code. Once registered, you are granted a non-exclusive license to use TransTools Professional Edition on up to 3 computers at a time belonging to you or members of your family. If you decide not to continue using TransTools Professional Edition tools, you are free to continue using all other TransTools tools included in TransTools Free Edition, without re-installing the Software.
List of tools included in TransTools Professional Edition
- Correctomatic (TransTools for Word) – a quality assurance tool that checks documents for specific (incorrect) words or phrases and enables you to correct them. The tool is indispensable for proofreading: to check documents against style guides, to find commonly confused or misspelt words, to convert a document to a specific language dialect (e.g., American English from British English), etc.
- Unbreaker (Word) (TransTools for Word) – a formatting tool for removing incorrect paragraph and line breaks in a Word document before it is imported into a CAT tool. The tool is indispensable if you want to avoid segmentation problems during or after translation.
- Quotation Magic (TransTools for Word) – a QA tool for checking that quotation marks, apostrophes and similar symbols are typographically correct in accordance with the target language, and for correcting them if necessary.
- Document Format Converter (TransTools for Word) – a tool for batch conversion of Word documents to another format (DOCX, PDF, DOC, RTF).
- Spellcheck Assistant (TransTools for Word) – a special tool that extends Microsoft Word's spellchecking functionality with several very useful capabilities: you can quickly look through all spellchecking errors in the document, add selected errors to one or several custom dictionaries, create special lists of spelling errors for external programs, assign a language to the entire document or parts of it, and do many other things.
- Dual Language Document Assistant (TransTools for Word) – a special formatting tool that helps you prepare source documents for translation in dual-language (source+target language) format. It provides several tools that duplicate the source text in two formats: (1) two-column table and (2) text separated by a delimiter (e.g. slash / or line break).
- Cell Resize Wizard (TransTools for Excel) – a formatting tool that helps you resize rows in a translated spreadsheet so that all text is fully visible.
- TagCleaner for PowerPoint (TransTools for PowerPoint) – a special tool that cleans up unnecessary formatting in PowerPoint presentations produced by OCR and PDF conversion software to minimize tags in your CAT tool.
- Unbreaker for PowerPoint (TransTools for PowerPoint) – a formatting tool for removing incorrect paragraph and line breaks in a PowerPoint presentation before it is imported into a CAT tool. This tool is indispensable if you want to avoid segmentation problems during or after translation.
- TransTools for AutoCAD – a set of tools that enable translation of AutoCAD drawings for those who have AutoCAD installed. Translatable text is extracted into a translation table in Word / Excel format which can be translated manually or with a CAT tool. The final translation table is merged back into original drawing(s), producing translated drawing(s). The tool supports filtering by layer, making it possible to create multi-language drawings with side-by-side layout or with switchable language layers. It is possible to select specific blocks for translation, or translate multiple drawings using Batch mode.
- TransTools for Visio – a set of tools that enable translation of Visio documents for those who have Visio installed. Translatable text is extracted into a translation table in Word / Excel format which can be translated manually or with a CAT tool. The final translation table is merged back into original document(s), producing translated document(s).
To view TransTools License Agreement, go here.