Create great-looking documents by removing excessive spaces, inserting missing spaces, using non-breaking spaces to keep text on the same line for readability, and using typographically correct symbols.
Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool helps you create great-looking documents by fixing various spacing, punctuation and typography issues. It removes excessive spaces, inserts missing spaces, uses non-breaking spaces to keep text on the same line for readability, and uses typographically correct symbols where necessary.
Finding potential spacing, punctuation and typography issues in a document with Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool
- Remove excessive spaces: replace several spaces with one space, remove spaces before and after certain punctuation symbols, remove spaces at the beginning and end of paragraphs and lines.
- Insert missing spaces before and after certain punctuation symbols.
- Use non-breaking spaces before units of measurement, before and after specific words, and in the middle of phrases, in order to keep text on the same line for better readability.
- Use typographically correct symbols: ellipsis instead of three dots, correct degree sign instead of superscript zero, multiplication sign instead of “x”, etc.
- (Coming soon) Use correct quotation marks in accordance with the document language.
- (Coming soon) Enforce non-breaking spaces before certain end-of-sentence punctuation and guillemets in French.
Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool in action: screenshots
Quality assurance (QA) tools
- Find & Replace Excessive Spaces – find and replace excessive spaces to improve TM leverage and improve formatting
- Non-breaking Space Checker – improve document formatting by using non-breaking spaces where necessary
- Multiple Find & Replace – search Word documents for multiple words and phrases, replace or format found text or review each occurrence in context before making a change
- Highlighting Tool – simplify editing work: apply color highlighting, clear color highlighting, or find color highlighting