Mark text as non-translatable in order to hide it from your CAT tool or convert it into tags.
Hide / Unhide Text tool makes it easy to hide text from your CAT tool when only parts of your document need to be translated or to convert non-translatable text into tags.
Initial view of Hide / Unhide Text panel
- Hide text from your CAT tool when only parts of your document need to be translated.
- Prepare documents for dual-language translation by hiding original text.
- Convert placeholders and other non-translatable text into tags to protect them from accidental editing in your CAT tool.
- Translate various text-based files containing non-translatable content, e.g. subtitles, Markdown files, etc.
- Unhide text after translation.
Hide / Unhide Text tool in action: screenshots
- What our users are sayingHide/Unhide Text tool is a boon to translators.
“Hide/Unhide Text tool is a boon to translators. When clients ask for only the highlighted or unhighlighted text to be translated, all it takes is a couple of clicks to hide everything that isn’t needed, leaving you with just the text to be translated. One click after export and hey presto! all the text is visible again.”
Jacqui Birnie, MITI, technical translator, memoQ trainer
Tools for partial (selective) translation
- Dual-Language Document Assistant – prepare documents for translation into dual-language format
- Hide / Unhide Text – mark text as non-translatable in order to hide it from your CAT tool
- Highlighting Tool – simplify editing work: apply color highlighting, clear color highlighting, or find color highlighting
- Document Processing Tool – perform various actions on multiple Word documents (DOCX, DOC, RTF format), using one or several different TransTools+ commands one after the other.