- Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool: when you add phrase(s) to one of the lists in the profile editor, you can now add them to several profiles at once by using the profile list under More button in the Add Phrase dialogue.
- Multiple Find & Replace tool: It is now possible to configure the behaviour of the tool through 2 settings: “Disable automatic replacement of straight quotes with smart quotes” and “Minimize the amount of text being replaced”. You can configure these settings using a special configuration button available on the tool’s panel.
- You will now see a warning if there are errors in some regular search expressions in your list when using Highlighting Tool, Hide / Unhide Text or Multiple Find & Replace tools. The appropriate search expressions will also be highlighted in the search expression list, making it easier to correct them.
- Highlighting Tool: a notification is now shown if some text located in locked ranges/content controls could not be highlighted.
- Minor UI bug fixes and enhancements.
|1.4.5 ||September 10, 2020 |
- Automatic license reactivation if a system change is detected, so there is no need to deactivate the current license and then re-activate it.
- If you cannot activate or deactivate your TransTools+ license due to Internet connectivity, you can now use a special facility for manual license activation and deactivation.
- If you cannot activate a trial version for a specific TransTools+ tool due to Internet connectivity, you can now use a special facility for manual trial activation.
- Additional minor improvements to licensing components.
|1.4.4 ||September 7, 2020 |
- Minor fixes in search logic for finding regular expression matches across all tools.
|1.4.3 ||June 19, 2020 |
- Fixed a bug in Highlighting Tool, Hide/Unhide Text and Multiple Find & Replace which prevented some regular expression matches from being processed under certain conditions.
- The Save button was not displayed in lists under certain conditions.
- Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool: some rules were improved to avoid false positives.
- Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool: added Refresh button to refresh the list of profiles in case changes are made in other Word documents.
- Multiple Find & Replace and Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool: increasing/decreasing font size in the list of matches now works correctly for all columns.
- Document Processing Tool: maximum allowed number of steps of each type was increased to 10 (from 5).
- Additional minor improvements.
|1.4.2 ||June 18, 2020 |
- Documents containing index entry, TOC entry and TOA entry fields, as well as fields with empty display text, were processed incorrectly. This is now fixed.
- The error dialogue has been updated to show a more meaningful error message in some cases.
- Some user interface and usability improvements.
|1.4.1 ||May 12, 2020 |
- Some users had UI problems in Document Processing Tool and other tools in Office 365 (Word 2016 and Word 2019): parts of the dialogues and panels were not visible and Microsoft Word could even freeze. This is now fixed.
- Changed the folder browsing dialogue in Document Processing Tool in order to make it easier to navigate to a specific folder.
|1.4.0 ||May 1, 2020 |
- Added warnings about the need to clear hidden text in final documents and improved the wording of messages in Hide / Unhide Text tool.
|1.3.5 ||April 6, 2020 |
| ||1.3.4 ||March 6, 2020 |
| ||1.3.3 ||February 27, 2020 |
- Added an ability to add several phrases to a Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool profile simultaneously.
- The highlight colors used for marking confident and uncertain corrections / suggestions in Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool are now remembered.
- All tools now display correctly if you use the Black color scheme in Microsoft Word.
- Added a new option to Hide / Unhide Text tool which allows you to hide text according to different options without unhiding existing hidden text. This allows you to run Hide / Unhide Text tool several times on the same document. The new options work with Hide specific text option only.
|1.3.2 ||February 19, 2020 |
- Fixed a number of bugs in Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool: Copy Data Between Profiles dialogue can now copy phrases between profiles correctly; minor issues with some rules were corrected; the last selected language is now automatically selected when adding new phrases to profiles.
- Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool: Insert missing spaces after end-of-sentence punctuation rule now works correctly with Swedish where colon is often used to form cases, genetive and plural forms of acronyms, abbreviations, etc. When Swedish is selected as the document language, the missing space after the colon will not be flagged at all provided that the suffix after the colon is among the acceptable ones. If Swedish is not selected, then the missing space will be flagged but not checked by default.
- The error dialogue has been updated to show a more meaningful error message in some cases.
- A bug was fixed in Hide / Unhide Text tool which caused it to run forever on some documents.
|1.3.1 ||February 7, 2020 |
- Added a new tool for Microsoft Word: Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool. This is a very useful and powerful tool designed for translators, editors and content-creators. It creates great-looking documents by removing excessive spaces, inserting missing spaces, using non-breaking spaces to keep text on the same line for readability, and using typographically correct symbols.
- It is now possible to replace the full text of Word fields using Multiple Find & Replace tool. Previously, this was not possible and caused a warning to be displayed.
|1.3.0 ||January 27, 2020 |
- Minor fix in the licensing system to address issues for users who use a proxy server for connecting to the Internet.
- Updated links to web pages due to web site update.
|1.2.2 ||November 12, 2019 |
- Minor improvements to Document Processing Tool: temporary Word documents are ignored when adding documents from a folder, correct job status indication when no matches are found in a document.
- Multiple Find & Replace: paragraph breaks and line breaks are shown correctly with surrounding context in the Search Results tab when the user is searching for these characters.
- Minor improvement in multiple color selection in Highlighting Tool and Hide/Unhide Text tools.
|1.2.1 ||June 17, 2019 |
- Added a new tool for Microsoft Word: Document Processing Tool. This powerful tool makes it very easy to perform various actions on multiple Word documents (DOCX, DOC, RTF format), using one or several different TransTools+ commands one after the other.
|1.2 ||May 22, 2019 |
|Multiple Find & Replace tool, Hide/Unhide Text and Highlighting Tool – improved searching speed and handling of fields in search results, and improved stability. ||1.1.3 ||April 24, 2019 |
|Multiple Find & Replace tool – search results are now shown with surrounding context so you can make a decision much quicker. ||1.1.2 ||April 18, 2019 |
- Improved speed of table selection processing in Multiple Find & Replace, Hide/Unhide Text and Highlighting Tool.
- Updated the About dialogue, adding links to social channels and ability to copy license information to the clipboard.
|1.1.1 ||April 6, 2019 |
- Added a new tool for Microsoft Word: Multiple Find & Replace. It is a powerful substitute for Word’s Find / Replace dialogue and Navigation pane. With its help, you will be able to search Word documents for multiple words and phrases and then replace or format their occurrences or review each occurrence in context before making a replacement.
- Added Find Selection command for Microsoft Word. This useful command takes you to the current editing location within the active document, and if the selection or editing cursor is difficult to find, also flashes it to draw your attention to it.
|1.1 ||March 21, 2019 |
|Minor change to the registration dialogue. ||1.0.5 ||December 11, 2018 |
|The add-in was signed with a digital signature to make it easier to use TransTools+ under strict security requirements. ||1.0.4 ||December 4, 2018 |
- Improved usage of lists in Hide/Unhide Text tool and Highlighting Tool. You can select a list from a dropdown list, add new search items, and then save the list without using Import... and Export... buttons. To use several search items from a specific list, simply select the list, remove unneeded items and then use the tool without saving changes to the list.
- Added 3 new pre-defined lists of search expressions for Hide/Unhide Text tool and Highlighting Tool: DTP library, Editing library and Placeholder and non-translatable library. These 3 lists make it easier to work with placeholders in localization projects, simplify DTP work, and are useful for editing work.
|1.0.3 ||November 12, 2018 |
|The user can now change the font size in the search item list in Hide/Unhide Text tool and Highlighting Tool by pointing the mouse towards the bottom right corner of the list. This makes it easier to read search expressions. ||1.0.2 ||Oct 29, 2018 |
- Lists of search expressions are now saved in the user’s [AppData\Roaming\TransTools+\Simple Search Lists] folder in separate files.
- Standard lists of search expressions cannot be modified from Hide/Unhide Text tool and Highlighting Tool.
- The user can now change the font size in the search item editor in Hide/Unhide Text tool and Highlighting Tool. This makes it easier to edit search expressions.
|1.0.1 ||Oct 17, 2018 |
|First release. Includes Hide/Unhide Text and Highlighting Tool. ||1.0.0 ||Oct 3, 2018 |