Find and replace excessive spaces to improve TM leverage and improve formatting.
Find & Replace Excessive Spaces removes redundant spaces between words, before/after punctuation and at start/end of paragraphs, and can also replace them with tabs, line breaks and paragraph breaks.
Searching for excessive spaces with Find & Replace Excessive Spaces tool
- Remove redundant spaces from source documents in order to get better matches from your TM.
- Replace excessive spaces between words with 1 space.
- Remove spaces at start/end of paragraphs or lines.
- Remove spaces before/after certain punctuation signs.
- Find multiple spaces that must be replaced with a tab character, line break or paragraph break.
- Review each redundant space fragment in order to decide whether to correct it, or correct all redundant spaces automatically.
Find & Replace Excessive Spaces tool in action: screenshots
Tools for document formatting and preparation before/after translation
- Remove Excessive Spaces (Excel) – replace excessive spaces used to wrap text to another line with line breaks (in Excel spreadsheets)
- Document Cleaner – prepare badly formatted documents for translation: remove excessive tags and fix formatting issues after PDF conversion or OCR
- Unbreaker – find and remove incorrect paragraph and line breaks to prevent segmentation issues in CAT tools
- Multiple Find & Replace – search Word documents for multiple words and phrases, replace or format found text or review each occurrence in context before making a change
Tools for quality assurance (QA)
- Non-breaking Space Checker – improve document formatting by using non-breaking spaces where necessary