Improve document formatting by using non-breaking spaces where necessary.
Non-breaking Space Checker improves document formatting by inserting non-breaking spaces between numbers and units of measurement, in the middle of certain phrases, or between certain words and numbers.
Checking the list of spaces that should be changed to non-breaking spaces
- Get better matches from your TM by using consistent spacing in source documents.
- Insert non-breaking spaces between numbers and user-defined units of measurements or correct a space with a non-breaking space, e.g. 10 m².
- Replace regular spaces with non-breaking spaces in the middle of certain user-defined phrases, e.g. Windows 7.
- Replace regular spaces with non-breaking spaces between certain user-defined words and numbers, e.g. Table 1.
- Decide where non-breaking spaces need to be inserted.
Non-breaking Space Checker in action: screenshots
Tools for quality assurance (QA)
- Spacing, Punctuation and Symbol Correction Tool – Create great-looking documents by removing excessive spaces, inserting missing spaces, using non-breaking spaces to keep text on the same line for readability, and using typographically correct symbols.
- Multiple Find & Replace – search Word documents for multiple words and phrases, replace or format found text or review each occurrence in context before making a change
- Quotation Magic – improve document formatting and punctuation by using typographically correct quotation marks, apostrophes and similar symbols
- Remove Excessive Spaces (Excel) – replace excessive spaces used to wrap text to another line with line breaks (in Excel spreadsheets)