Turn your Excel glossaries into powerful searchable dictionaries and easily search them from within any application.
Glossary Search tool allows you to search Excel glossaries from within any application and display entry information in a structured way similar to dictionary applications.
Searching the glossary by entering the first letters of the word/phrase
- Find text from within any application using a key combination (this requires TransTools Utilities to be installed and configured correctly).
- View entry information in a structured way (defined by you), e.g. with definition, part-of-speech, synonyms, etc.
- Search for terms that start with the letters you type (exact search) or contain words that start with the typed text (partial search).
- Use * or ? wildcard symbols to find terms containing specific text.
- Use fuzzy search when you don't remember the exact spelling.
- Navigate to any found entry to read additional information.
Glossary Search tool in action: screenshots
Useful tools for editing text
- TransTools Utilities – useful commands that can be used in a multitude of Windows programs (used to enable terminology lookup with Glossary Search from any program)