Check a spreadsheet for words that contain letters defined in the source language alphabet but not in the target language alphabet, and apply a background color to the problematic cells.
Language Check makes it easy to verify that the translated spreadsheet does not have words that contain letters written in the source language alphabet. This is very important when translating from languages that use Cyrillic letters to languages that use Latin letters, since some of these letters look the same.
Preparing to find cells containing words with Russian letters in them
- Find words that were accidentally skipped during translation, e.g. by leaving a segment untranslated.
- Find words that were written using similar-looking but incorrect letters, e.g. using Russian “С” instead of English “C” as in “20°C”.
- Find letters that were incorrectly converted with OCR or PDF conversion software.
- Check entire worksheet or selected cells only.
- Identify all potential problems using one of predefined cell fill colors.
Tools for quality assurance (QA)
- Language Check (Word) – check whether text is fully translated from one language to another