Prepare source documents for translation in dual-language (source+target language) format.
Dual-Language Document Assistant helps you prepare source documents for translation in dual-language (source+target language) format. It provides several tools that duplicate the source text in two formats: (1) two-column table and (2) text separated by a delimiter (e.g. slash / or line break).
Dual-Language Document Assistant provides tools to prepare a single-language document for translation in dual-language format
- Convert source text into a two-column table with identical text in both columns, with one column highlighted in a selected highlight color in order to hide it from the CAT tool using Hide / Unhide Text tool. By hiding one of these columns before importing the document into your CAT tool, you will be able to produce a dual-language document which is very easy to read. A two-column table is the most common format for dual-language documents.
- Duplicate source text in selected paragraphs by inserting a delimiter (slash /, line break, paragraph break) and a copy of the source text at the end of each paragraph. One side is automatically highlighted in a selected highlight color in order to hide it from the CAT tool using Hide / Unhide Text tool. Text separated with a delimiter will allow you to produce dual-language structure in section headings, tables, headers/footers, etc., even when you use a two-column table for most of the document text.
- Numerous options that allow you to tweak table column widths and border thickness, indentation, highlight color, whether a separate table row is created for each paragraph or for all selected text, etc.
Dual-Language Document Assistant in action: screenshots
Tools for partial (selective) translation
- Hide / Unhide Text – mark text as non-translatable in order to hide it from your CAT tool or convert it into tags
- Hide / Unhide Text – mark text as non-translatable in order to hide it from your CAT tool